Monday, July 24, 2017

Day 16.

I'm the first one up, writing this blog on my favorite piece of furniture, an antique fainting couch with velvety striped autumn color upholstery. The hand carved wood back and legs and squeaky springs are what makes it. I have enjoyed sitting on this couch ever since I can remember, and just being in my Aunt and Uncle's home where I feel safe and loved. We go to breakfast and enjoy a little country diner. We walk to the shops looking for replacement flip flops and gifts. Everywhere we went we felt important, being introduced to all the locals. I adore Joseph, Or. It has wiggled its way into our hearts and will always be  in our life. A small walking town nestled at the base of The Wallowas, near Wallowa Lake, near Hell's Canyon, Grand Ronde, Snake and Wallowa rivers. After town, we had to check out the "new" vintage trailer my Uncle will be fixing up. I think he secretly fell in love with our little Lovebird. It is parked on his property near Wallowa Lake. He paid $500, it is a 1973, 19' by Fleetwood. Lots of updating, but it literally has all the bells and whistles and original paperwork! Score! We all hiked up to the cabin, and to catch an elevated view of the lake. Always a favorite activity when we visit. Hiking the switch back up the hillside, I often revel in the awesomeness and hard work that it took to create this place up on this ridge. Uncle Mark built this with his own hands and skills, carrying, or using a pully system to get the materials up. I wasn't even involved and love and appreciate every board and window. We drove to the lake and enjoyed lunch at the cafe there, and let the kids swim for a couple hours. The weather was spectacular. We enjoyed watching the families play but longed for our water toys. We went back into town and picked up dinner. Aunt Kathy taught the kids the "straw trick," I am sure it will be coming to a party near you. The kids wanted to watch another movie with Aunt Kathy, so we all piled in the TV room. Another fulfilling day.

No comments: