Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pumpkin Patch 2009




So the small intimate Chatfield/Botanic Gardens Pumpkin Festival has become somewhat of a crazy mess! There were way too many people, it was a little hot (80) for October, and expensive! Not to mention, there was a freeze/hail early in the season and very wet summer and many of the pumpkins were damaged. From afar it looked great and picturesque but as we got closer it was a field of rot and decay. We barely got to pick out 2 "fair" ones. I am hoping for a better lot at another patch later this week when I take the daycare kids. The kids had fun though and did not really notice all the drawbacks their parents did. Life is so much brighter when you are a kid!

1 comment:

Stephanie M Larsen said...

Speaking of new hair, your hair looks quite different too. Did you change it? Shorter and darker? Looks super cute with your face shape. And, that little Halloween Princess of yours is so darling!! I love her outfit. I bought cute tights like those for little Finley but I haven't put her in them yet. Maybe I'll put together a cute halloween dress to match them, since nothing else does.